ANOTHER Melty Cheez Recipe (Vegan, Egg-free, Dairy-free, Gluten-Free)
There are already several recipes for Vegan Cheez recipes on this site, each a little different from the other, so why another one? Well, I was thinking about my fave store-bought vegan cheese (Daiya brand) and recall that its main ingredient is tapioca starch. I thought I could make a pretty nice melty cheese with that in mind, and I did! Here is a picture of the ingredients:
1. In a pot on medium heat, measure in the following and whisk together for about 30 seconds or so:
- 4 T. Coconut Oil
- 5 T. Tapioca Flour/Starch
2. Slowly add in:
- 2 1/2 C. non-dairy Mylk (I used the Coconut-Almond Milk Combo)
3. When the mix is blended and bubbly, turn the heat down to low and whisk in the following:
- 2 T. , rounded, Nutritional Yeast
- 1 T. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 T. fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 T. Almond Butter
Blend until smooth -- it will thicken even more as it cools.
You could well add chopped chillies to this recipe to make a great nacho sauce.
I also added more Celtic Sea Salt and a turn of black pepper to amp up the flavour a little at the end.
|Another Melty Cheez: Thick and Yummy|
Other Cheesy Sauce or Spread Recipes in this Blog include: