Recipe for GOLDEN SAUCE (Gluten-free, dairy-free)


I guess you could call this SCREAMINGLY GOLDEN SAUCE (I added "a bit" of Turmeric)

Cook together in a small pan:

*1 small Potato
*1/2 small Carrot
*1 1/3 C. Water

When done, blend (including cooking water) with:

*2 T. Cashews
*3/4 tsp. Salt
*2 T. fresh Lemon Juice
*Dash of Celery Salt
**1 T. Nutritional Yeast (add in OR substitute for the Cashews)

Serve over broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Nice replacement for cheese sauces.


(Above Golden Sauce recipe contributed by Wyona Hertwig with **Note: My sauce didn't turn out as golden as I thought it should be so I added a little of the herb Turmeric-- we try to eat it some way everyday-- and I didn't have cashews, so used an equal amount of raw sunflower seeds instead-- I call this "Guiltless Cheese Sauce - Cynthia)


Other Cheesy Sauce or Spread Recipes in this Blog include:



🥤 Recipe and photos © 2026 Cynthia Zirkwitz | Veggie School
Please share the link, not the full recipe — thanks for supporting independent food writers!
Find more quick, healthy vegan recipes and potluck ideas at Veggie School.

Comments

Disclaimor:

VeggieSchool.Blogspot.com is supported through the use of Google ads and as an Affiliate of Amazon, EBay and Etsy. Please assume that links are affiliate links. We are paid commission for readers clicking links and making eligible purchases. Thank you!