Vegan Turmeric Latté Recipe (from "Crazy for Curries" Night by the Alberni Veg Supper Club
This is such a soothing and healthy drink to have a little while before bedtime. I have begun to use the fresh organic Turmeric root that our local health store, Edible Island, carries, but the recipe is written for the dry ground turmeric, so you have your choice. I would suggest plastic gloves to handle turmeric-- I had a thumb nail that was fluorescent yellow for a day after my first venture (in spite of lots of scrubbing). This drink has anti-inflammatory and immune-boosting properties!
VEGAN TURMERIC LATTE RECIPE
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/2 Cup Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- Optional: 2 Tbsp. Protein Powder (boost for those with poor appetites)
- 2 Cardamom Pods, crushed open
- 1 1/2 tsp. powdered Turmeric (or 1 Tbsp grated fresh Turmeric)
- 1 tsp. Ceylon Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. powdered Ginger or 1 tsp. fresh Ginger, sliced thin
- Optional: 1 Tbsp. Honey
Whisk all ingredients over Medium Heat for 5-10 minutes, strain, and serve.
(Alert: If you have not used coconut oil previously, you might expect a slightly laxative effect-- some constipated folks use it for this purpose).
See another Healthy Beverage from the "Crazy for Curry" recipes: Pink Grapefruit- Ginger Smoothie
Get some great recipes from the "Crazy for Curry" Night and learn more about the Alberni Vegetarian Supper Club HERE