- 3 C. Orange Juice
- 1 T. Baking Yeast
- 1 T. pure Lemon Juice
- 1 T. Gluten Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 1 C. chopped Pecans
- 1 C. dried Cranberries
- 3 C. Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 C. Spelt Flour or Unbleached White Flour (or as needed)
- Warm orange juice to above room temperature, but not hot. Place in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle yeast into orange juice. Wait 10 minutes, or until yeast bubbles up to the surface.
- Add remaining ingredients. Add enough flour so dough is not "sticky".
- Cover mixing bowl with a towel and set in a warm area. Allow dough to rise for approximately 1 hour or until double in size.
- Knead dough, and divide in half into a round loaf and place on a baking sheet that has been prepared using a non-stick spray.
- Cover loaves again in a clean dish towel and let stand 20 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Cool bread on racks.
This is a recipe from Healthy Choices Cooking School by Darlene Blaney, PhD, NCP, CFT Call 403-746-5388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org