Here is another wonderful sauce recipe from Elder Shirley Gong at the Port Alberni Adventist Church. This delicious Sweet and Sour Pineapple Sauce does not have some of the less attractive features of some commercial sauces (for example, no food coloring). Use it as a sauce alternative for the Veggie and Pan Noodles, also a recipe of Shirley's.
Makes 6 Servings
- 1/2 C. Brown Sugar (or Coconut Palm Sugar)
- 11 T. Corn Starch
- 1 can Pineapple Chunks in Juice
- 1/3 C. Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1 T. Soy Sauce
- 1 small chopped Green Pepper
- Mix Sugar and Starch together
- Add all ingredients to a medium saucepan, EXCEPT the pepper
- Heat slowly to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Add chopped Pepper
- Simmer 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add to your recipe.
Sweet and Sour No-Meat Balls
In a large skillet or wok, add sauce to delicious No-Meatballs <recipe), then simmer for 5 minutes before serving.GUNG HAI FAT CHOY!
Here are those No-Meatballs ------>
How about these No-Meatballs for supper some day this week? https://t.co/lD1krLk766 #vegan #GlutenFree pic.twitter.com/kUzH0dlqaz— Cynthia J. Zirkwitz (@healthiacynthia) February 11, 2016