|Delicious Pecan Nut Roast that I took with me to the Potluck...|
Measure and assemble the following ingredients:
- 4 C. Water
- 1 C. Pecan Halves (or pieces)
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 T. Chicken-style Seasoning (Optional)
- 1 T. Nutritional Yeast
- 1 C. Chopped Onions
- 3 C. Rolled Oats
- Blend together: Water, Pecans, Salt, Chicken-Like Seasoning, Nutritional Yeast.
- Add the blended items to a bowl. Then ad in the onions and oats. Let stand for at least 30 minutes.
- I laid down a layer of Parchment Paper in my pan-- you could just dust it with flour
- Spoon in the pecan nut roast and cover it with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 F., 175 C.
- Take off the foil and let it brown for another 20 minutes or so
- Let roast cool before cutting.
- If you are baking this in advance of the actual eating of it, you might want to do the final browning later, closer to the eating.
- Enjoy with a nutty gravy or miso gravy or a tomato sauce... slice it thin the next day for eating in sandwiches.... dice into spaghetti sauce... any other ideas?