|Warming, delicious Curried Yam and Lentil Soup (Gluten-Free, Vegan)|
- 2 T. Coconut Oil
- 1 medium Onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 T. fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 T. Curry Powder
- 1 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt (and those 82+minerals)
- 1/s tsp. Black Pepper
- 4 chopped plum Tomatoes (or 1- 14 oz. can chopped Tomatoes)
- 1 C. dry Green Lentils
- 1 qt./liter of Vegetable Stock or Water
- 1- 14 fl.oz. C. Coconut Milk
- 3 Sweet Potatoes/Yams, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small Zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1/2 C. Green Beans, cut in fours
- 12 C. Fresh Parsley, chopped
- On medium-high burner, heat Coconut Oil in a saucepan
- Add in Onion and cook, stirring occasionally until translucent, about 3 minutes
- Add in Garlic and Ginger, and cook for 1 minute
- Stir in Curry powder, Salt and Pepper and cook, stirring, until the powder darkens and is fragrant.(1-2 minutes)
- Stir in Tomatoes and Lentils.
- Add Stock and Coconut Milk.
- Bring to BOIL. Partially cover and reduce to LOW so soup bubbles gently.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until Lentils begin to soften (about 15 minutes)
- Stir in Potatoes, and more Stock (or Water) if mixture starts to look dry.
- Cover and cook about 10 minutes. Stir in Yams, Zucchini and Green Beans adding more Water if needed. Keep it brothy!
- Cover and cook another 5 - 10 minutes until all vegetables are tender.
- Stir in Parsley, and Salt and Pepper to taste.